Brownies are a beloved dessert for people of all ages. With their fudgy, chocolatey goodness, it’s hard to resist indulging in just one. American brownie recipe is often associated with childhood memories of baking with family and friends, and they continue to be a go-to treat for many. Whether you prefer them warm with a scoop of ice cream or cold straight out of the fridge, brownies are a dessert that never goes out of style.
In this blog post, we’ll share a delicious American brownie recipe that’s sure to become a favorite in your household. We’ll also provide tips and tricks on how to ensure the perfect brownies every time and give you some ideas for how to customize the recipe to your liking. So grab your apron and let’s get baking!
American Brownie RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
American brownies are a dense and chewy chocolate dessert typically made with butter, sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips or chunks. They are usually baked in a square or rectangular pan and are a popular treat in the United States.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and granulated sugar and stir until well combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before cutting them into squares and serving. Enjoy!
- Approximately 320 calories per serving. The calorie count may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the size of the servings.
- Nuts: Add chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds to the brownie batter for an extra crunch and a flavorsome twist to this American brownie recipe
- Peanut Butter: Swirl in some peanut butter or use peanut butter-flavored chocolate for a delicious twist.
- Mint: Add a few drops of peppermint extract to the batter for a refreshing minty flavor.
- Raspberry: Mix in some fresh raspberries or raspberry jam to the batter for a fruity twist.
- Gluten-Free: Use a gluten-free flour blend in place of all-purpose flour to make the recipe gluten-free.
Tips and Tricks
- Use high-quality chocolate chips for the best flavor and texture.
- Don’t overmix the batter, or the brownies will turn out tough and dense.
- Let the brownies cool completely before cutting to avoid crumbling.
- For fudgier brownies, bake for a shorter time and let them cool in the pan before cutting.
- Use a toothpick to check for doneness; it should come out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- If you’re short on time, you can use a store-bought American brownie recipe mix and add in some extra chocolate chips or other flavorings to customize it.
In short, brownies are a classic dessert that will never go out of style. With their rich chocolate flavor and fudgy texture, they’re the perfect treat for any occasion. This recipe is easy to follow and can be customized in many ways to suit your taste preferences. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and indulgent dessert that will impress your friends and family.
We hope this recipe and the tips and tricks we’ve shared will help you create the perfect batch of brownies every time. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced baker, this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So go ahead and give it a try, and don’t forget to check out our other dessert recipes and let us know how it turns out!